One father is urging other parents to learn from his loss. Sean Cripe’s 16 year-old son Davis died last month after experiencing heart arrhythmia from drinking too much caffeine. The teen reportedly drank a large soft drink, a latte and an energy drink just two hours before passing away. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children should not consume no more than 100 milligrams of caffeine per day.
Cripe’s father is urging parents to pay more attention to what their kids are drinking. "It wasn't a car crash that took his life. Instead, it was an energy drink," Cripe said at a news conference. "Parents, please talk to your kids about these energy drinks."
Nearly 50 children are rushed to the ER every hour.
Doubts about vaccines helped fuel Minnesota's biggest outbreak of measles in decades.